Cisco Services Engineer (Summer Intern)
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Why you will love Cisco:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
What life as a Services Intern is all about:
Cisco Services Academy’s Internship Program is designed to provide you with practical opportunities to apply theory learned from the classroom to a professional work setting. You will be coached and mentored by some of the industry’s brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your skills. You will get the opportunity and resources to become a true technology expert when combined with your drive and motivation.
All combined, your Internship increases your job readiness across the industry and will give you a competitive advantage for landing a full-time job at Cisco.
By participating in the Internship program you will:
• Learn the foundations of Networking
• Engage in opportunities to script and automate (Python / APIs)
• Work with a team of highly qualified professionals who serve worldwide customers. Solve technical issues, optimise workflows or enhance future products
• Develop an agile approach to learning, practice, troubleshoot and implement
• Develop a Services mindset. Learn how to prioritize, multitask and enable customer success
• Build your professional network. Practice how to communicate, share knowledge & ideas and work with diverse cultures
• Be part of Cisco and embody our core values
What is our ideal candidate?:
• You are currently enrolled in a Networking, IT, Computer Science, or related Engineering degree.
• You are fluent in English (written and verbal)
• You are passionate about networking, information technology or computer science.
• You understand the need to script and automate in Python or similar languages
• You have notions of technology in a relevant domain, such as: Routing, Switching, Datacenter, Virtualization, Mobility, Wireless, Unified Communications, Business Video, Security or Software Defined Networking.
• Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g.,CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus.
Please apply online: http://bit.ly/2AsFCCO